- agreement on socioeconomic partnership;
- joint working groups, roundtables and meetings;
- corporate reporting;
- participation in commissions and conferences.
- improvements to the regulation and stimulation of the development of the oil and gas sector;
- the Company’s strategic development;
- the development of the raw materials base;
- the Company’s role in developing its regions of operations;
- the environmental impact of the Company’s production activities;
- compliance of the Company’s activities with the legislative norms of the Russian Federation.
Gazprom Neft works with government authorities at the federal and regional levels.
The Company’s cooperation with regional authorities aims to institute the following changes:
- create a favourable financial, economic and legal environment for Gazprom Neft’s activities in the regions;
- improve quality of life and create a comfortable social environment for the local community, including Company employees and their families;
- create a system of environmental safety measures and take action to reduce the industrial impact on the environment and people.
Gazprom Neft is actively involved in the development and improvement of regional legislation and the regulatory framework of the industry. Company experts are involved in the legislative process at the federal and regional levels.
In 2015, one of the most significant projects as far as interaction with the federal authorities was the Company’s participation in improvements to key reforms for the oil industry on the taxation of the production and export of oil and petroleum products. The reform calls for shifting the fiscal burden from oil exports to production and eventually creating conditions to transition to taxation system based on a company’s financial result.
New state expert evaluation scheme
The use of the new State Expert Evaluation arrangement for reserves will not only improve the efficient management of the geological exploration and production process within Gazprom Neft but also facilitate the Company’s interaction with controlling bodies. We support and are actively involved in improving expert evaluation mechanisms, which is essential for the successful development of Gazprom Neft and the entire industry".
Gazprom Neft was the first Russian oil company to protect its geological reserves using the new State Expert Evaluation arrangement. A pilot project was implemented for the Tsarichanskoye, Kapitonovskoye and Verkhne-Salymskoye fields.
The new classification of reserves reduces the time required to approve reserves and draft solutions from 22 months to 14 months and gradually transition from managing resources to managing the economic efficiency of their extraction.
First Deputy CEO of Gazprom Neft