HR Management System
The HR management strategy employed by Gazprom Neft aims to provide the Company with a sufficient number of skilled employees in the present and the future in order to efficiently achieve the Company’s key goals.
The tasks handled by HR initially come from business — our internal customer. They are effectively resolved by integrating HR into the Company’s general development strategy and concept. We must be able to transform business objectives into HR objectives. All our initiatives should culminate in a real and quantifiable business result that improves employee efficiency.
Key areas of the human resources strategy:
- systematic recruitment and rotation of personnel;
- talent management, competency development and training;
- development of an incentive system and culture of engagement;
- growth in productivity and organisational efficiency;
- improved efficiency of the HR system.
The Company has an HR Management Policy whose priorities are tied to the Company’s business strategy, sustainable development goals and the expectations of stakeholders (employees, shareholders and unions). The Company observes human rights, provides equal opportunities and does not allow discrimination based on nationality, gender, origin, age or any other grounds.
Company and Employees
Regulatory legal acts governing relations between the Company and its employees:
- Constitution of the Russian Federation;
- Labour Code of the Russian Federation;
- Corporate Conduct Code at Gazprom Neft;
- collective bargaining agreements.
Gazprom Neft HR organisational structure
In 2015, the Company continued implementing a functional management model that requires the active participation of managers in key corporate and production functions in developing staff throughout Gazprom Neft. The project helps to better integrate business goals into the personnel policy objectives and achieve them more efficiently. The initiative promotes skills development among employees and the dissemination of best practices and technologies within the Company.
Gazprom Neft continuously works to improve labour efficiency. The Company has a key performance indicator system that includes parameters for various levels of management and individual targets. All employees annually undergo a labour efficiency assessment. The assessment results are taken into consideration during career planning and when forming an incentive package for an employee. In 2015, a new criterion was added to the assessment parameters — an employee’s observance of the Company’s corporate values. This innovation aims to strengthen the Company’s corporate culture.
HR Department, Corporate Headquarters
- Development of an HR management strategy;
- Development of key programmes and projects in HR management (incentive, training and talent pool formation programmes) and monitoring their implementation;
- Strategic management of labour relations.
HR management in production units
- Implementation of strategic programmes and all projects for HR management at subsidiaries related to the unit;
- Supporting day-to-day activities as part of the personnel and social policy.
HR management at subsidiaries
- Performing HR management work at subsidiaries (personnel records, salary payment administration, provision of compensation and social benefits, planning personnel numbers and expenses) in accordance with the management strategy adopted at the Company.